- Only 3 miles to Southend, for the golf course at Dunaverty and the beautiful sandy beaches at Dunaverty and Carskiey. Seals are
frequently seen in large numbers on the rocks off Kiel and sightings of otters are common. The Kintyre Way walking route passes through
Southend. It starts in Tarbert and passes through some of Kintyre's most stunning scenery before finishing in Macrihanish.
- Southend also boasts the fabulous Muneroy Tearoom - well worth a visit
as Francis has won a number of awards for her baking.
- 6 miles from the famous golf courses at Macrihanish and at Macrihanish
- 6 miles from the Bird Observatory at Macrihanish
- 7 miles from the lighthouse at the tip of the Mull of Kintyre
- 7 miles from Campbeltown, and all that it has to offer - Springbank
Distillery (operates tours and tastings), The Wee Picture House cinema (currently closed and undergoing renovation), Seatours trips around Ailsa Craig.
- 25 miles to Beachmore Alpacas
- Additional information can be found at www.visitkintyre.info/activities
- Brecklate is situated in a picturesque valley and there are some lovely walks to both the east and west coasts of kintyre. One of which passes through Largieban Nature Reserve where many bird
species can be observed and occasionally golden and white tailed sea eagles can be spotted.